A workshop that works for you.
Career Quest, is a 12-hour workshop, focused on work readiness skills - conflict resolution, communication, workplace etiquette, job search techniques, & interview/resume preparation. Participants work through a number of assessments to identify their personality, interest and communication styles. Participants report a better understanding of what types of things they want from a job and increase their job search skills.
Career planning doesn’t have to be intimidating. Learn how to market your strengths and interests to employers and find a job that excites you!
- Market your strengths and interests to employers
- Find a job that motivates and excites you
- Identify what’s standing in your way
- How to talk about the “tough stuff” with employers
- Resume tips to get you the interview
- Nail the interview to get the job offer
Past Career Quest participants have said:
- “I am more confident of my ability to influence the hiring audience.”
- “I know how to answer difficult questions.”
- “This workshop has helped me understand my career goals and interests have changed over time.”
- “Career Quest helped me face new challenges and gave me a foundation to face them.”
MIND OVER MATTERS
Want to know yourself?
Mind Over Matters, a 12-hour workshop, provides you with the opportunity to take a look inward and understand how internal beliefs influence external behavior. This course includes detailed assessments, informative readings, and thoughtful class-discussions to help you get to know yourself. Become an empowered career-seeker that knows what they have to offer! Participants report feeling more positive about themselves and their career outlook.
In this course you will:
- Build and sustain motivation
- Improve your self-advocacy skills
- Study how the brain adapts to help us survive
- Engage in positive self-talk and confidence boosting activities
- Practice goal setting strategies and learn tips to reach your achievements
- Take assessments to identify how you learn, communicate, and what you value
- Challenge old behaviors and thought patterns